1. Registrations are official and complete only when payment is received. Registrations received after the early registration deadline will be assessed the standard fee. A registration confirmation and payment receipt will be sent within two weeks after receipt of the form.
2. A registration form must be used for each registrant (except for accompanying guests of registered delegates). Payment may be combined for more than one registrant when forms are sent together.
3. Registration refunds will be assessed a US$ 50 processing fee. Registration refunds will not be issued until after the meeting. Cancellations received after 8 September 2014 will only be refunded in exceptional circumstances as determined by the Organizing Committee. For such a request to be considered, it must be addressed in writing to AOCS by 3 November 2014.
4. Ticketed events are nonrefundable after 8 September 2014.
1. It is expressly agreed that the members of the Organizing Committee, AOCS, and its legal representatives, directors and employees, and their agents and officers shall not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage of any kind whatsoever suffered directly or indirectly by the person, possessions, or property of any conference participants or other person during or in connection with the events on the program or any other activities of the meeting, for any reason whatsoever unless it be proven that the specific damage was due to willful intent or gross negligence on the part of AOCS or any of the aforementioned persons; in such case, liability shall be limited to the loss or damage foreseeable at the time the individual contact was made.
2. It is agreed that the Organizing Committee, AOCS, and its agents and officers reserve the right to cancel or alter at any time any or all of the scheduled or other activities if this should appear necessary as a result of events that are beyond their control or that they cannot reasonably be expected to influence or that are outside their scope of responsibility; such events shall include, but are not limited to, force majeure, government or other official regulations, natural disasters, strikes of any kind whatsoever, civil disorders or riots, obstruction or curtailment of transport and/or transmission facilities, interaction of other crises, or any other unforeseen occurrence. Decisions regarding the necessity for such cancellations shall be made by the Organizing Committee, AOCS, and their agents at their sole discretion and shall be final.
3. No one may display products or literature anywhere throughout the meeting facilities except exhibiting companies, who may do so only from their display booths. Any exceptions to this policy must be obtained in advance from AOCS Senior Director, Programs.
4. All attendees are forbidden from soliciting business in the exhibit hall, unless they are attending the show as an exhibitor, who may do so only from their display booths.
5. Attending firms and their employees are not permitted to open a hospitality suite, schedule a meeting, provide a meal function, or conduct any event during official meeting activities.
6. Video or still photography of an exhibitor's booth is not allowed, unless permission is granted by the exhibitor.
7. Video, still photography, and audio recording are strictly prohibited in all technical sessions, with the exception of working press with AOCS, provided press registration.
8. AOCS may use photos of attendees in promotional materials. If you do object to having your photo taken please advise the photographer.